Investments shown on this site put your capital at risk and should be considered by experienced investors only. Learn more
- £10,000MIN. INVESTMENT
- EvergreenCLOSING DATE
As the UKs leading seed investor and the largest SEIS fund, SFC Capital the benefit of mass deal flow for the EIS fund, creating the best pool from which to identify hidden gems, and those destined to surpass projected milestones with enterprising aptitude. These efforts, as well as the ability to deploy capital have been quickly fortified and validated by a £10 million commitment from the British Business Bank, who will be co-investing on every investment from both the SEIS and EIS SFC Angel Funds.
- SFC invests in passionate entrepreneurs and helps them build market leading companies to deliver significant returns to investors.
- SFC is a pioneer of SEIS/EIS, having launched one of the first SEIS funds in 2013/14.
- SFCs Fund is supported by an award-winning syndicate of 500+ business angels who bring additional capital and expertise.
- SFC have since invested in over 200+ companies, making SFC the most active ‘Seed’ investor in the UK. * Pitchbook Data, Global League Tables 2018 & 2019.
- Operate on a performance-based fee structure - no annual management or upfront investor fees.
- The SFC EIS fund will invest in the top 10% of SFC's existing portfolio looking for 'follow-on' capital having met their milestones.
- Committed to investing in regional companies, diverse management teams, and sustainable business models.
The SFC EIS Fund will provide growth capital to companies with a proven business model.
• Our pool of 200+ existing investments provides a unique dealflow of growth companies.
• The SFC EIS Fund will invest in the best performers from SFC’s existing portfolio looking for ‘follow-on’ capital.
• SFC will be the first port of call for these companies when seeking growth capital. We will lead and syndicate these funding rounds alongside our angel network and co-investors.
• The investment will be used to fuel the growth of companies that have proven their model and achieved significant commercial traction.
• These companies are mature and led by management teams that have proven their worth working with SFC since their first round of funding.
- Invested in over 200 companies
- Seen 2.64x investment performance
- 30% Internal Rate of Return calculated based on total funds invested and realised and unrealised gains including tax relief.
- Has seen several major exits, namely: MYFUTURENOW, bean, and Cognism
Our investment strategy is based on four main pillars:
• Investing at an Early Stage - We invest in passionate entrepreneurs and support them through to a successful exit. Investing early allows us to generate significant upside and put in place a strong governance structure from the start.
• Looking for Hidden Gems - We invest in all sectors, including those traditionally overlooked by SEIS/EIS funds. We don’t follow the hype, avoid overvalued companies and focus on fundamentals. We have built a large network of partners who provide us with opportunities from across the UK.
• Building Diversified Portfolios - Diversification is a proven strategy to deliver returns at a pre-seed and seed stage. Investors will receive at least 10-15 companies in their portfolio to increase the probability of picking the ‘winners.’
• Syndicating Investments - We syndicate investments with experienced angel investors as well as leading early-stage funds.
A veteran of the software industry, Stephen has founded and exited a number of software companies including DataEase, a global DBMS company, and Sapphire, Inc., an emergency management software. He founded Startup Funding Club in 2012 in order to help innovative companies secure their initial investment rounds. Stephen is in charge of the overall company direction and the investment strategy of the SFC funds. He also supports portfolio companies by providing them with strategic advice.
Angelika joined Startup Funding Club in its early days in 2014 bringing strong business education from top European universities, wide corporate and startup experience, and passion for entrepreneurship. As COO of the company, she overlooks day to day operations, sets up structures and processes, initiates and executes projects important for growth, and brings SFC’s strategy to life.
Joseph joined SFC in 2014 to manage the execution and syndication of SFC’s investments. Joseph is also in charge of investor relations, managing SFC’s strategic partnerships and supporting portfolio companies with their fundraising strategy. He joined from investment banking where he held both corporate finance and global markets roles, most recently at Nomura International. Joseph holds a Master degree in Management from ESCP Europe.
The SFC Angel Fund has a transparent, performance-based fee structure. We charge our investors a 25% performance fee only payable once the investor has received back the full amount of their original investment.
The investor is not charged any upfront fees or annual management fees. SFC Capital charge the investee companies within the fund a total 10% fee - 6% charged up front and an annual management charge of 1% capped at 4% over the lifetime of the portfolio.
Investment in early-stage companies involves risks such as illiquidity, lack of dividends, loss of investment and dilution. Investment in SEIS/EIS eligible companies should be considered as part of a diversified portfolio. The availability of tax relief depends on individual circumstances and may change in the future. The availability of tax relief depends on the company invested in maintaining its SEIS/EIS qualifying status. There is no assurance that the investment objectives of any investment opportunity will be achieved or that the strategies and methods described herein will be successful. The investment products cited herein may place capital at risk and therefore investors may not get back the full amount invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and the value of an investment may go down as well as up. Investors may not get back the full amount invested.
The content above has been provided by SFC Capital who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm registration number 736284.